Estimated range of bail for Assault in Ada County – from $2,500 to $10,000 depending on the charge.
While assault is a specific legal term in a court of law, there are many types of charges that you may consider to fall under this category.
Assault may fall under 2 categories –
1) the unlawful attempt to injure another person, or;
2) threatening violence such that the other person fears they are in imminent danger. This threat can come in the form of actions or words.
Battery is the intentional touching of another against their will.
There is a misconception that this must result in bodily harm. This is not the case.
Idaho Aggravated Assault
This includes assault that:
- With a deadly weapon or instrument without intent to kill;
- or by any means or force likely to produce great bodily harm;
- or with any vitriol, corrosive acid, or a caustic chemical of any kind.
In the state of Idaho, Aggravated Assault is considered a felony.
Idaho Aggravated Battery
A battery charge that includes:
- causes great bodily harm, permanent disability or permanent disfigurement; or
- uses a deadly weapon or instrument; or
- uses any vitriol, corrosive acid, or a caustic chemical of any nature; or
- uses any poison or other noxious or destructive substance or liquid; or
- upon the person of a pregnant female, causes great bodily harm, permanent disability or permanent disfigurement to an embryo or fetus.
In the state of Idaho, Aggravated Battery is considered a felony.
Assault and Battery With The Intent to Commit a Serious Felony
Assault and Battery with the intention to commit:
- an infamous crime against nature
- lewd and lascivious conduct